On May 24 we will have a group run/scramble up Bonticou from the Spring Farm Parking Area. The details are as follows:
Start time 6:30 pm (ish)
Distance – Approx. 1.0 miles
Elevation gain – Approx. 550 feet
The route is:
- Start in parking lot, cross road and go left up Blue “Table Rocks” trail
- After 200 feet turn right on Red “Crag Trail”. Take uphill across two carriageways to “5 way” intersection.
- Turn left onto “Bonticou Road” .
- Drop left down Yellow “Bonticou Ascent Path”.
- Cross Blue Northeast Trail. CAREFULLY follow Yellow Path through the boulder field scramble to the summit of Bonticou Crag.
- Once everyone is up, we will run down the northeast trail for a 3.5 mile total run.
This is a “Fun Race”. Meaning try and go fast if you want but it is not cut-throat competitive. It will be self timed.
Disclaimer – This is not a sanctioned Mohonk Preserve event. It is for FUN. You are responsible for your own safety. If you are not a member, you should pay the $12/person fee at the trail head.