SPRINGLETRACK – The idea with the name is to celebrate the arrival of SPRING with a long SINGLETRACK run across the Shawangunk Ridge. It is held in the beginning of April, the actual date depending on snow conditions.
1. The Springletrack is a group fun run, not an organized race. You can run as fast or as slow as you want and you are 100% responsible for yourself.
2. The marathon-ish distance course over the Shawangunk Ridge is on as much singletrack as possible, and is in the Spring (thus the name)
3. It follows the classic fat-ass format, free, no aid, no registration, and NO COURSE MARKINGS AT ALL, THAT’S RIGHT NONE!!
4. It’s a self-determined staggered start format. Try and finish no later then 4 pm. Start as early as you need to, it is a fat-ass after all.
5. Since this starts on Mohonk preserve property, you will need to buy a day pass if you are not a member ($15 fee)
6. The directions are very clear about where to go, and the trails are mostly easy to follow. Use the Avenza app and/or buy the NY/NJ trail conference map and draw a line on it.
7. You get a sticker if you do the whole course.
Reports from past years