Here’s the deal…
1. Fat-asses are group fun runs, not organized races. You can run as fast or as slow as you want and you are 100% responsible for yourself.
2. The routes over the Shawangunk Ridge are usually on marked blazed trails and carriage roads.
3. They follow the classic fat-ass format, free, no aid, no registration, and NO COURSE MARKINGS AT ALL, THAT’S RIGHT NONE!!
4. The starting times are staggered, meaning there are none. Try and finish no later than 4 pm. Start as early as you need to, it is a fat-ass after all.
5. If you will starting and/or crossing Mohonk preserve property, you will need to buy a day pass if you are not a member ($12/person fee). Parking at Minnewaska State Park requires a $10/car parking fee.
6. The directions are very clear about where to go, and the trails are mostly easy to follow. Buy the NY/NJ trail conference map and draw a line on it, better yet get the Avenza PDF maps app and download the NY/NJ maps.
7. You might receive a memento if you do the whole course.